Tuesday, November 29, 2016

The Grand Tour

I like Top Gear.  I watched that show as soon as I could find videos on YouTube.  I bought almost every DVD they sold in the US.  The new version with Matt et al is still finding its feet, but it's still worth watching and it's getting better.


I watched The Grand Tour opening episode with great expectations.  It was good.  But I didn't think it was as good as many claimed.  Honestly, the opening scene across Rabbit Dry Lake was dusty, washed out, and monochrome to the point of being distracting.  And I imagine the DP (Ben Joiner) is wincing at the horribly back-lit presenters in the tent.

Episode 2 of The Grand Tour was fantastic.  It was 10 hundred and 150 times better than the first episode.  I laughed out loud.  A lot.  That was a terrific use of the Tom Cruise movie trick.  I think I need to watch that movie they mention: Cocktail.  It must be good.  Maybe I can watch it on Amazon Prime Video.

No comments: