Saturday, May 14, 2016

Ice Cream

I had a craving for ice cream, so I decided to get some.  I was standing in the Target store aisle reading labels, comparing the fat content of the different brands.  I chose Haagen-Dazs because it has more fat and less carbs.  Turns out, I like it.  Since I've lost 20 lbs and weigh what I did 20 years ago, I figured it'd be OK.

Well, the brainiac mathematicians behind Target's famous big data operation appear to have me dialed in just right.  When I bought the 14 oz ice cream, the register spit out a coupon for $1.50 off when I buy 3.  So on my next trip, I bought 3.  And then the register spits out a coupon for $1.50 off when I buy 4.  Interesting.

Offended by this turn of events, I buy none on my next trip.  But eventually I succumb to the temptation and I later buy 1 using no coupons.  Then I get a coupon for $1.50 off when I buy one.  Not 3, and not 4, but 1.  

Target is working hard to feed my new Haagen-Dazs addiciton.  I think I may have gained a pound.  A pound of delicious high-fat creamy goodness.

No comments: