Tuesday, April 07, 2015

Gtechniq C1 Mistakes

Now that I'm finished applying Gtechniq C1 and EXOv2, I'll show some photos of my mistakes.  I've been trying to take photos of the mistakes for days.  It's super hard.  The photos never end up showing the blemishes.  It's hard to get the light just right so you can see them.  I guess that's a good thing.  Problem is, the paint finish is very reflective, so it reflects all the surrounding environment.  And if that environment is not a single color, then the blemishes get lost in the clutter in the reflected scene.  When you're looking at it in person, the mistakes are more visible beause you are aware of the surroundings and your brain can filter out that visual noise.  Photos lack that context.  Anyway, here are some of the mistakes. 

Here's one on the corner of the hood.


It's a patch of linear streaks.  I appeared to have dragged a mf cloth across the C1 when it was partially cured.  Here's another angle.


This is the passenger side of the car.  This one is in the middle of the front passenger door.


And a few more on the passenger door.


In places where I failed to completely remove the C1 residue, it looks like a patch of faint mottled spots.   It's only visible from some angles, when the light hits it right.  It's smooth to the touch, but that's due to the EXO top coat.  There are another 6 that didn't photograph well.

I'm out of C1 so I won't be repairing these.  Luckily, they're not very noticeable.  

ps: I'd like to think that pro detailers who charge over $300 to treat your car with these products do not make these mistakes.  I think I'd be upset if I paid that much and had my results.

No comments: