Saturday, March 21, 2015

Applying Gtechniq EXOv2 Ultra Durable Hybrid Coating

I applied Gtechniq EXOv2 to everything that I treated with C1.  In addition, I used it on the door handles, wing mirror enclosures, front grill, and the black plastic trim in these areas: front bumper, rear bumper, rocker panels, and roof rack rails.

I enjoyed applying EXOv2.  It goes on very fast and it's very easy to remove the residue.  EXOv2 also has a much nicer smell.  It has a fruity aroma that is much better than the long-chain hydrocarbon odor from C1.

The application instructions from the Gtechniq web site worked well.  The residue came off easily.  It was more difficult if I worked on a larger panel and also when the temperature was warmer (over 85F).  I noticed the change and simply worked smaller areas at a time.  When applying it to the black plastic trim bits, I used a small Gtechniq applicator pad.  I wanted to use the furnished EXO applicator pad only for the body panels.

While applying EXOv2, I found a few spots where I failed to properly remove all the C1 residue.  Bummer.  It's kinda sealed in now.  One of those spots is very noticeable because it's right next to the driver's door handle.  I'll probably polish that area and reapply C1/EXO. 

I didn't have the same anxiety about running out of EXOv2.  This is because I bought the 50 ml bottle. 

No comments: