Wednesday, September 12, 2012

Mormon Mesa


On my return from Zion, I drove a few of the trails on top of Mormon Mesa, southwest of Mesquite, NV.  A few sites on the interwebs say Mormon Mesa is a hotbed of UFO sightings.  Although, many of those sites are repeating the same story.  Here's a google map centered on the mesa.  Here's a photo of the mesa taken from an airliner that I found here.


It wasn't what I expected.  I'm not sure what I expected really.  The road started off OK when I left the highway.


Then it slowly degraded.


Then it became a two-track.


Then it started to disappear.


And finally it almost disappeared.


To be fair, I think I got lost. 

I got bored and hungry so I returned to the highway.  Those more patient than me have explored this mesa many times.  Some go there to visit a piece of "land art" called the "double negative".

No comments: