Sunday, June 12, 2011

Seal Team Six

I listened to the audiobook version of Seal Team Six - Memoirs of an Elite Navy Seal Sniper by Howard Wasdin. I got this after hearing about that Seal team's involvement in the Osama Bin Laden raid. It was a very interesting book. While I didn't enjoy the parts about his very unpleasant childhood, most of it is about the rigorous training he endured, and the ongoing training he enjoyed as a Seal Team operator. Amazing. It was consistent with the small glimpses I've had through movies and television (e.g., the Military Channel). If you're interested in knowing more about Seal training, then I recommend the book.

2 comments:

Netherland said...

At the beginning I thought there were a lot of product placement in the book, which I found disappointing, however the more I read the more I realized that it is not product placement (even though it's hard to tell) but simply telling the reader about the equipment being used - the best of the best - and why.

Michael said...

I hadn't noticed the product placement you mention. But now that I think about it, I can see how that can come across. It was interesting to hear that SEAL Team Six gets the best gear, and the best training. How they can go do any kind of training they want, provided it's related to their roles. Cool.