Wednesday, February 09, 2011

Why We Get Fat

I was recommended this book, and I enjoyed it. If you're trying to lose weight, then I recommend it. I already knew a lot of what's in the book, but that's because I'm odd and read a lot on the subject.

This is not a "diet book" in that it does not outline a dietary regimen. It does offer a lot of information about low carb diets and the science behind them. I was particularly pleased with the book's coverage of the history of low carb dieting. I had never heard of William Banting and the others mentioned.

All in all, I learned a few things and enjoyed the book. I'll probably read it again to help reinforce some of the material in my mushy brain.

Here are some links: Amazon's page, NY Times Review, random blog about it.

3 comments:

Wolfgang said...

I love your blog dude...but I love what you do most...take the 4WD out for a spin...hike out to nowhere..I wish I could do that down here in Mexico.

See I go often to the states for photographic opps...and I'm always alone, I wish I could join you in your adventures, I share the fun of being out in the middle of nowhere and have had my share of adventure alone.

I couldn't find your email, therefore I posted this hoping you'd see it.

Here's mine, hit me if you want me.

wolfvonder (at) gmail.com

Wolfgang said...

Ahem..here's my email if you want to CONTACT me...

wolfvonder (at) gmail.com

The previous post seemed like the typical spam-grammar (as you say gibberish)

michael said...

Wolfgang: Nice catch there. Made me laugh. I just saw this as I was preparing to post another entry. Will email you after that.