Sunday, November 14, 2010

One Good Trade

I really really liked the new book, "One Good Trade," by Mike Bellafiore of SMB Capital. If you are a relatively active trader then you will probably like the book too. If you prefer investing, and not trading, then you may not enjoy it.

SMB Capital is a small proprietary (prop) trading firm in NYC. In his book, Bellafiore (Bella) tells many stories... About how he and his long time friend Steve Spencer founded SMB Capital. About the myriad of characters they've worked with and who've worked for them. About the life of a prop trader. It's interesting how he employs the simile of elite athletes in his trading business, and I think it fits pretty well.

It was fascinating. I even learned some good lessons that I can apply to my own trading. If I were younger, I would like nothing more than to be a prop trader at a firm like SMB.

Here's the SMB Capital trading blog.

Here's the SMB Capital twitter feed.

No comments: