Saturday, October 02, 2010

Arches NP

I spent a week in Moab, Utah this summer and it's time to start posting some photos. I'll start off with Arches National Park. I stopped off there to get a new annual pass.

This park presents new hazards. The one road through it has plenty of visitors gawking at the beautiful scenery. Unfortunately that means they're not watching the road. Several cars in front of me, as well as several coming head-on, crossed the center line endangering me, themselves and many others.

Here's my obligatory shot of Delicate Arch. This first one uses my camera's 12x zoom and image stabilization. I framed the second one to give the impression that I could simply walk over to the arch (impossible from where I was standing).


Here's a nice shot taken while driving east on I-70 as it descends toward Green River. That is one of my favorite stretches of highway.

No comments: