Monday, January 18, 2010

South of Cima Dome

Before I drove past the Kelso Dunes (see previous post), I explored some dirt roads on the south side of Cima Dome.


Some of the old corrals have NPS wildlife cameras installed. I've seen som e of the resulting animal photos on display at the visitor center in Kelso. Neat. Coyotes, rabbits, owls, mountain lions, and more.



Here's another one.



I was hoping to make it to Deer Spring via the back way, but the old road was closed to traffic.


I did find a nice looking small cabin. There were seriously faded signs indicating it was private property, so I didn't disturb anything. Soon afterward, I came upon another private property sign - on the road - so I turned back and headed west.


I turned south down a straight road toward Kelso. There was a bit more brush than I'd hoped for.


I drove the entire length of road shown here.

No comments: