Saturday, October 03, 2009

Land Rover Air Filter

This week I took my LR3 to the Land Rover dealership in Pasadena for its 30k mile free service. They told me I needed a new air filter. This is understandable since I do so much off road driving. Then they told me it'd cost me over $80 for them to change the air filter. Needless to say, I politely declined their generous service offer. Instead, I ordered one from AutoPartsWarehouse for less than $15 and I changed it myself in less than 5 minutes. Here's the link for the Mann air filter (made in Germany) that matched exactly what was in the LR3.

5 comments:

Joe said...

Nice work. I try to do as much as I can of the simple car maintenance.

Anonymous said...

Consider a K&N filter next time. They're usually only about twice the price but you can wash and re-use them (and you must oil it). They will not void manufacturers warranty and they're guaranteed pretty much for life. There are also other high-end re-usable air filters that cost much more. I do a lot of off-roading here in AZ (=frequently dirt filter)... imagine the landfill without all those discarded air filters!

michael said...

Thanks for the suggestion. I'd considered that filter, but couldn't find many reviews online by off roaders. I may try that one when this one clogs.

Anonymous said...

Hey Michael,
Not sure how this blog think works so I hope you get this message. I found a link to your site online whilst searching for 'hacks' to LR3 suspension. Unfortunately I can't seem to search back past July 08 to find your post on the subject. Any advice you could give on the subject would be much appreciated. You can contact me on govette@bigpond.com
Thanks in advance for any help you can provide. Cheers
Gov

Michael said...

Gov,

Thanks for the comment. I too have begun to notice that searches within blogger don't return old posts. It's still a mystery to me.

Here's a link to my old post about the LR3 suspension hack that I use.

Link

And here's the URL.
http://michael1111.blogspot.com/2009/01/land-rover-lr3-extended-mode.html

I'll email you with this info also. I hope it helps. I sure wish I had total control of the suspension height and didn't have to trick the computer.

Michael