Saturday, June 23, 2007

Current Book: The Myths of Innovation

I'm currently reading "The Myths of Innovation." This one is a real book, not an audiobook. That means I have to actually sit still and read it. My friend Matthew recommended this one and since I liked his last recommendation (Send), I decided to try this one also. It currently has 4.5/5 stars from 11 Amazon reviewers. I just started reading it, so I'll offer this excerpt from Amazon to describe it...

"In The Myths of Innovation, bestselling author Scott Berkun takes a careful look at innovation history, including the software and Internet Age, to reveal how ideas truly become successful innovations-truths that people can apply to today's challenges. Using dozens of examples from the history of technology, business, and the arts, you'll learn how to convert the knowledge you have into ideas that can change the world.

+ Why all innovation is a collaborative process
+ How innovation depends on persuasion
+ Why problems are more important than solutions
+ How the good innovation is the enemy of the great
+ Why the biggest challenge is knowing when it's good enough"

No comments: