Tuesday, March 14, 2006

The Subject of Spam

The spam email I get is strange. I've begun to wonder if the email subject lines are generated by a computer program. It's almost entertaining to see just how badly they'll mangle the grammar or spelling. I'm not perfect myself, but I'm certainly not that bad. Here are some recent examples:

did inertial?
was change fnous
mlklvggr
capacitor Delmar Farrell
years insolvent not elephant
able dying soak and?
Whether beef may emblem
Few gabriel some absorbent
As ystudy finitiate
Whole brandywine or adventure
Using los but rumple
Change criminal not associate
Want iq may solemn
Kristi, some chicken
ilisten cas ylocality

Those are exact quotes of the subjects from emails that were sent to me. If they really want people to open the email, then they should try a lot harder to use correct spelling and ... say things that make sense! Even if I didn't suspect they were spam, I still wouldn't open them because I don't want to talk (or exchange email) with anybody who speaks in jibberish. (Mostly because I barely speak English, and I don't need more challenges in my life.)

3 comments:

Joe said...

but mikel,

page aggregate disfunction to belong microwave enlarge. flux HP Pavilion laptop for free! single xanax diploma chicken now?

Joe said...

More...
Re: Phatzramacy news

Michael said...

I wonder how effective a simple spelling/grammar checker would be at filtering spam!